Electric Insurance Company® again honored as Gold and Silver Stevie® Award winner in 2022 American Business Awards®
BEVERLY, Mass. — May 11, 2022 — Electric Insurance Company was once again named the winner of the Gold Stevie® Award in the Customer Service Team of the Year category and of a Silver Stevie® Award in the Customer Service Department of the Year category in the 20th Annual American Business Awards® on April 28.
2022 marks the fourth consecutive year the company repeated its gold and silver wins in those categories. Competition was strong: More than 3,700 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration.
Customer Service Manager Kevin Arivella led cross-department Lean Kaizen workouts that identified improvement opportunities and built streamlined workflows to address them. “Our associates did a fantastic job for our customers. They were fully committed, embraced new ideas and implemented them enthusiastically. We were thrilled to see the work result in measurable increases in customer satisfaction.”
Todd Shevlin, Sr. Manager of Claims, oversaw the Lean workouts that resulted in dramatic decreases (25% for auto claims and 27% for home claims) in the time it takes to issue claim payments. “I am very proud of the Kaizen team’s work — there was some really innovative thinking and a constant focus on how the work would affect our customers. We’ve received positive feedback from hundreds of claimants as a result of their work.”
Major Initiatives and Customer Comments
Four major initiatives were behind the Gold Stevie Customer Service Team of the Year award:
- Assisting customers through job changes (“Appreciated Andrew reaching out and being patient with us …” – D.B., Elkton, MD).
- Proactively reviewing renewing policies to identify savings opportunities (“You reached out to me with renewal savings! That’s a sign of a great company!” – L.B., NY).
- Optimizing existing coverages based on inflation, COVID-19 issues and climate changes (“My most recent experience was with a customer service person who was very helpful. Saved me money while also adding new coverage.” – D.C., VA).
- Reviewing new risks for individual customers and providing solutions where needed (“The agent was very helpful and resolved my issue … it was pleasure; she was very helpful explaining issues I had … thank you for being there when I needed it.” – P.D., MA).
Four high-impact customer experience improvements drove the Silver Stevie win for Customer Service Department of the Year.
- 30% decrease in call response time (“I was very impressed with your professionalism and promptness in all aspects of the process. Outstanding service.” – M.H., CA).
- 25% decrease in auto claim payment time (“I liked the way Electric handled my claim. They explained everything and kept me up to date with no hassle or problem.” – K.O., MD).
- 27% decrease in home claim payment time (“The insurance claims process is the best I have had in the past 30-plus years of all name brands and gimmicks you can think of. The agents truly value the customer and work with them to take away the pain of insurance and claims filing without nickeling-and-diming.” – S.P., TX).
- Created additional empathetic listening and problem-resolution training for associates (“The claims adjuster was very helpful, patient and explained the process very well. We had some back and forth and she was very willing to clarify things and work with me. I was very happy with the process during a difficult time.” – M.C., WI).
- More than 230 professionals worldwide participated in the judging process to select this year’s Stevie Award winners.
- “Your step-by-step and empathetic approach to training staff and supporting customers yielded some notable results that you should be proud of!”
- “It’s quite an accomplishment to have earned an 83 Net Promoter Score.” (The average Net Promoter Score for insurance carriers is 57.)
- “A candidate with the right customer focus and good results. Congratulations!”
Details about The American Business Awards and the list of 2022 Stevie winners are available at www.StevieAwards.com/ABA.
About Electric Insurance Company
Electric Insurance Company is a national writer of personal insurance products including auto, homeowners, renters, condo and umbrella. Established in 1966 to serve the needs of General Electric employees, the company has since expanded its offerings to the general public. Electric Insurance has the solid foundation required to offer its policyholders high-quality products, competitive rates and world-class customer service now and in the future.
Sponsors of the 2022 American Business Awards include HCL America, John Hancock Financial Services, Melissa Sones Consulting and SoftPro.