Landlord & Rental Property Coverage
Rental properties are a great source of income, but as every landlord knows, they come with a lot of challenges. Damage caused by tenants, loss of rental income if the home is so damaged that tenants have to move out, are all on top of the standard threats – such as house fires, frozen and burst pipes, wind damage, burglary – that any house faces.
Whether you’re a private real-estate investor, an LLC, a corporation, or an Airbnb® or Vrbo® host, you must protect your investment with insurance coverage that’s tailored to your property.1 We work with insurance carriers that specialize in coverage for short-term and long-term rentals and that provide coverage for short-term vacancies as well.
Major Coverages & Features2
Loss of rental income
Comprehensive protection for buildings
Replacement cost claim settlement basis for buildings
Coverage for structures other than the dwelling on the property
Coverage for reasonable repairs expenses
Fire department service charge coverage
Water and mold damage coverage
Loss Settlement Options2
Replacement cost claim settlement basis
Agreed loss claim settlement basis
Actual cash value claim settlement basis
Optional Coverages & Features2
Customize your coverage to suit your needs. Use the chat feature on this page or call us at 800.373.5793 for information about these coverages.
- Home equipment breakdown protection
- Identity recovery
- Law or ordinance compliance cost coverage
- Premises liability protection
- Protection for loss to personal property due to burglary
- Protection for the landlord’s personal property
- Service and utility line coverage
- Short-term vacancy protection
- Water and mold coverage extension
- Water backup and sump pump overflow
Take the Risk Coach™ Approach
A 2022 survey found that 96% of survey respondents misunderstood at least one important feature of their auto coverage. More than half misunderstood several. We want better than that for our clients. When you work with one of our Risk Coaches, you’ll work with a licensed insurance professional who’ll help you get the right coverage at the best price.
- Burglar/central fire alarm
- Claim history/claims-free
- Having a strong credit-based insurance score
- Masonry dwellings
- Membership in a landlord association
- Membership in USAA or AFI
- Multiple dwellings
- Newer home
- Policy premium paid in full in one payment
- Tenant screening
- Use of a property management company
Call or Use Chat to Contact a Risk Coach
For a no-cost and no-obligation-to-buy coverage-needs assessment, use the chat feature on this page or call us. Our Risk Coaches are glad to help you navigate the complex world of landlord and short- and long-term rental property insurance coverage.
Call us at 800.373.5793 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.